About the forum
The 2019 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations.
The 2019 program will consist of:
- Two days of intensive workshops in Canberra on 12-13 November 2018
- A take-home leadership project
- A digital check-in meeting
- Participation in Trucking Australia 2019, to be held in Perth from 3-5 April 2019.
- Learn how government policy is developed and how businesses and industry associations can have an influence in an effective and ethical way
- Learn how to handle media interviews
- Develop a leadership project on a key industry issue with facilitation and mentoring from Wisdom Learning. Participants will present the results at Trucking Australia 2019.
To participate in the 2019 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum, you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 40 inclusive as of 12 November 2018.
- Be involved as an owner or employee in a trucking business that is a financial member of an ATA member association or is a TruckSafe accredited operator. A participant could also be a direct member of an ATA association that offers individual membership.
- Be available to travel to Canberra for the workshops on 12-13 November 2018 and to Perth for Trucking Australia on 3-5 April 2019.
- Submit a 300 word outline of a leadership project that you could refine at the initial workshops and then carry out before Trucking Australia 2019. Projects should relate to one or more of the following:
- Trucking industry productivity
- Business operations and management
- Succession planning in family-owned trucking businesses
- Technological change and innovation in the industry
- Recruiting and retaining staff.
- Be willing to undertake media activity, present at Trucking Australia 2019, and afterwards be available as a media contact on industry issues.
Daimler Truck and Bus will pay the full cost of participation, including travel, accommodation, delegate fees and meals. Participants will only have to pay incidental expenses.
How to apply
About Daimler Truck and Bus
Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific markets leading commercial vehicles including Freightliner trucks, Fuso trucks and buses and Mercedes-Benz trucks and buses, along with Alliance Truck Parts. It is the only manufacturer that can offer American, European and Japanese trucks from a single source, with a range spanning from city-friendly car-licence trucks through to heavy duty road train prime movers.