The 2018 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations.
The 2018 program will consist of:
- Two days of intensive workshops in Canberra on 27-28 March 2018
- A take-home leadership project
- A digital check-in meeting
- Participation in Trucking Australia 2018, to be held in Canberra from 18-20 April 2018.
- Learn how government policy is developed and how businesses and industry associations can have an influence in an effective and ethical way
- Learn how to handle media interviews
- Develop a leadership project on a key industry issue with facilitation and mentoring from Wisdom Learning. Participants will present the results at Trucking Australia 2018.
To participate in the 2018 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum, you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 40 inclusive as of 2 February 2018.
- Be involved as an owner or employee in a trucking business that is a financial member of an ATA member association. A participant could also be a direct member of an ATA association that offers individual membership.
- Be available to travel to Canberra for the workshops on 27-28 March 2018 and Trucking Australia on 18-20 April 2018.
- Submit a 300 word outline of a leadership project you could refine at the initial forum workshop and then carry out before Trucking Australia 2018. Projects should relate to one or more of the following:
- Trucking industry safety
- Trucking industry productivity
- Business operations and management
- Technological change and innovation in the industry
- Recruiting and retaining staff
- Improving the image of the industry
- The future of industry associations.
- Be willing to undertake media activity, present at Trucking Australia 2018, and afterwards be available as a media contact on industry issues.
Daimler Truck and Bus will pay the full cost of participation, including travel, accommodation, delegate fees and meals. Participants will only have to pay incidental expenses.
How to apply
You can only apply through an ATA member association. Contact your member association, or talk to your employer if your company is a member.
About Daimler Truck and Bus
Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific markets leading commercial vehicles including Freightliner trucks, Fuso trucks and buses and Mercedes-Benz trucks and buses, along with Alliance Truck Parts. It is the only manufacturer that can offer American, European and Japanese trucks from a single source, with a range spanning from city-friendly car-licence trucks through to heavy duty road train prime movers.