About the forum
The 2020 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum is a career-defining opportunity to develop your potential as a future leader of the trucking industry and the ATA’s network of member associations.
The 2020 program will consist of:
- Two days of intensive workshops in Canberra on 25-26 November 2019
- A take-home leadership project
- A digital check-in meeting
- Participation in Trucking Australia 2020, to be held in Cairns from 1-3 April 2020.
- Learn how government policy is developed and how businesses and industry associations can have an influence in an effective and ethical way
- Learn how to handle media interviews
- Develop a leadership project on a key industry issue with facilitation and mentoring from Wisdom Learning. Participants will present the results at Trucking Australia 2020
- Development a strong professional network with like-minded industry leaders
To participate in the 2020 Daimler Truck and Bus Future Leaders’ Forum, you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 40 inclusive as of 25 November 2019.
- Be involved as an owner or employee in a trucking business that is a financial member of an ATA member association or is a TruckSafe accredited operator. A participant could also be a direct member of an ATA association that offers individual membership.
- Be available to travel to Canberra for the workshops on 25-25 November 2019 and to Cairns for Trucking Australia on 1-3 April 2012.
- Submit a 300 word outline of a leadership project that you could refine at the initial workshops and then carry out before Trucking Australia 2020. Projects should relate to one or more of the following:
- Trucking industry productivity
- Business operations and management
- Succession planning in family-owned trucking businesses
- Technological change and innovation in the industry
- Recruiting and retaining staff.
- Be willing to undertake media activity, present at Trucking Australia 2020, and afterwards be available as a media contact on industry issues.
Daimler Truck and Bus will pay the full cost of participation, including travel, accommodation, delegate fees and meals. Participants will only have to pay incidental expenses.
How to apply
About Daimler Truck and Bus
Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific markets leading commercial vehicles including Freightliner trucks, Fuso trucks and buses and Mercedes-Benz trucks and buses, along with Alliance Truck Parts. It is the only manufacturer that can offer American, European and Japanese trucks from a single source, with a range spanning from city-friendly car-licence trucks through to heavy duty road train prime movers.