Standards Australia Committee ME057 is reviewing AS 2809 – Road Tank Vehicles for Dangerous Goods. The ATA is represented on this committee.
There are six parts to this Australian Standard:
- Part 1: General requirements for all road tank vehicles
- Part 2: Road tank vehicles for flammable liquids
- Part 3: Road tank vehicles for compressed liquified gases
- Part 4: Tankers for toxic and corrosive cargoes
- Part 5: Tankers for bitumen-based products
- Part 6: Tankers for cryogenic liquids
The review of Parts 1 & 2 was completed in 2018 and the draft documents circulated for public comment. The ATA submitted the following comments to these drafts (see below).