This is Gemma Hartwig.
Gemma won a Cummins Scholarship to attend Australia’s premier truck technical and maintenance event, TMC, in 2015.
“It was my great chance to break into the industry,” she said.
Gemma went on to win the Harry Hauenschild Apprentice of the Year Award for the whole of Queensland in 2017.
Thanks to Cummins South Pacific, you, or someone you know, could win one of three scholarships to TMC2017, to be held in Melbourne from Monday 16 to Wednesday 18 October 2017.
The scholarships are open to any truck service technician or apprentice who is less than 25 years old as at 16 October 2017.
Each scholarship includes one full delegate registration to TMC2017, including attendance at the PACCAR Parts Fun Night and the Castrol Vecton Awards Dinner. The scholarship also includes two nights standard hotel accommodation in Melbourne.
Ask your supervisor to contact the ATA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Jade on (02) 6253 6900. All we need to know is:
- who you are; and
- why you deserve to attend in 25 words or less. There’s no need to put the entry in writing–your supervisor can just talk to Jade on the phone.
Entries closed at 5pm on Friday 15 September 2017. The successful Cummins scholarship holders will be notified on Thursday 21 September 2017.
The fine print
- Only one nomination will be accepted per business.
- Nominees must be employed as a service technician or apprentice.
- Nominees must be less than 25 years of age as at 16 October 2017.
- Hosted delegates must participate in the product training workshop streams at TMC2017.
- Prize includes two (2) nights accommodation for Monday 16 October and Tuesday 17 October at a venue decided by the ATA (room only). Any additional nights or expenses charged to the room are at the hosted delegates’ expense.
- All entries will be judged by the experts at Cummins. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.