The ATA is speaking up against calls for higher taxes on the trucking industry. Yesterday’s Australian Financial Review (AFR) published a letter arguing for the end of the so-called subsidy for the trucking industry.
But you can’t cut a subsidy that does not exist. ATA CEO Ben Maguire wrote in today’s edition that truck and bus operators will be overcharged by more than half a billion dollars across 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- ATA defends trucking against high taxes
- Boosting truck productivity should be a focus of climate change policy
- Congratulations to past ATA Chair David Simon
- Get ready for Trucking Australia 2017
- Heavy vehicle mass limit exemptions
- MaxiTrans to showcase united presence in Brisbane
- ATA calls for industry events
- Industry events calendar